Authority Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Authority Network

Network for the Authority leagues in League of Heroes.

Latest topics

» Revelation Chapter Five
Revelation Chapter Five EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 am by Parable

» Revelation Chapter Four
Revelation Chapter Five EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am by Parable

» Revelation Chapter 2
Revelation Chapter Five EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm by Parable

» Revelation Chapter three
Revelation Chapter Five EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am by Parable

» Question about suffering
Revelation Chapter Five EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:59 pm by The Cure

» I love how we can talk about religion... but
Revelation Chapter Five EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 am by The Cure

» God's Blessings and Human Sexuality
Revelation Chapter Five EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:20 am by The Cure

» Revelation Chapter One
Revelation Chapter Five EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 am by Parable

Google language widget

Revelation Chapter Five

Parable
    Journalist

Power:
    Health:
    Revelation Chapter Five Left_bar_bleue100/100Revelation Chapter Five Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Revelation Chapter Five Empty Revelation Chapter Five

Post  Parable Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 am

Rev 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the back, close sealed with seven seals."

Books were constructed differently in John's time as they had not yet developed covered bindings and used large amounts of paper rolled into scrolls. Whenever a scroll was received to be read by a particular person and for their eyes only it was sealed with wax and stamped with the insignia of the writer. This was to form a seal on the document so that when delivered the intended person would know he was the first to read it. Traditionally scrolls that were sealed were inscribed on one side only. This one is inscribed on both sides and is almost completely covered by seven seals. It is the same book as in Ezek 2:9 "And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;" and Ezek 2:10 "And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe." This is the book of life where in are the names of the living, those given a white stone and a new name. If that book were unfurled before you today would you not tremble that your name be among them?

Rev 5:2 "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a great voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?"

Who is this strong angel? He is certainly high in chain of command. He may even be one of the Cherubs that cover the mercy seat who is also one of the two olive trees mentioned in Rev 11:4. Heb 9:5 "And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly." It wasn't that the writers of Hebrews wasn't aware of the answer to this question of who these angels are, only that we should for now be more focused on the Creator than his created. The One on the Mercy Seat is God the Father and it is his hands that hold the fate of us all. Psalm 40:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me," Psalm 40:8 "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." Jesus has been helping us to know of him from time immemorial and seeks only his Father's will, as should we.

Rev 5:3 "And no one in the heaven, or on the earth, or under the earth, was able to open the book, or to look thereon."

No one living or dead can open the scroll. Only the Author or the Intended can open this sacred book. Books are vehicles of knowledge. This was a knowledge that only God and the Son can know. Mt 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Rev 5:4 "And I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open the book, or to look thereon:"

John himself was sorrowful and knew that this book meant the salvation of the righteous to their heavenly reward. If it could not be revealed than the loss of it's knowledge would be disastrous to the faithful from whom it would remain hidden. If it were not for Christ crucified John would not be worthy to even know why he was weeping.

Rev 5:5 "and one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not; behold, the Lion that is of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath overcome to open the book and the seven seals thereof."

One of the elders refers to one of those who will be seated around the throne in Rev 4:4 who are the twelve patriarchs and twelve apostles. Let me precursor my next statement with a disclaimer that it is only a comedic observation that it may have very well been John who spoke out to comfort himself. The Lion is Christ himself who stands on the right side of the throne and is waiting for the letter written to him by his Father. The Savior is more than gracious to wait to open this letter slowly. Through his perfect life and crucifixion he has defeated death. He alone has been deemed worthy to know who lives and who dies, what only God can know.

Rev 5:6 "And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent forth into all the earth."

The Lamb is a metaphor for Christ. A lamb is a sacrificial animal. Lev 3:7 "If he offer a lamb for his offering, then shall he offer it before the LORD." He was the perfect sacrifice in that he lived a blameless life and was without blemish. When he was wrongfully executed he took the sins from always and evermore upon himself that he might save those who loved the Father as he did. The horns and eyes are explained in that same verse as being the seven Spirits of God. Christ is beside the throne standing with the faithful and not on it above them. He is ready to open the records of life. This is the great day of prophecy revealed to Zechariah in the Old Testament. Zech 3:9 "For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving therof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day." That day is soon at hand.

Zech 4:2 "And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl on top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps thereon, which are upon the top thereof:" This is more than a gorgeous menorah as we found in Rev 1:12-13 Zech 4:3 "And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof." These two olive trees are explained in a later verse.

Zech 4:9 "The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you." This isn't the Zerubbabel, grandson of the Babylonian king Jehoiachin. This is the sower of confusion, (Zerubbabel 2216 "sown in Babylon”, Babylon 894 "confusion (by mixing)", and the very same wicked one who sowed the tares in Matt 13:25. He will bring about his own destruction as the Lord proclaims so that all will know who is the true God.

Zech 4:10 "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth." Those who are disgusted with the "age of insignificance" (day of small things 'day of', Yowm: 3117; 'small things',Qatan: 6996) will happy to see the day it ends finally arrive. A plummet is a heavy stone thrown mechanically to destroy buildings and fortifications. Plummet: 913 Zerubabbel isn't holding it but rather it has been hurled by the seven spirits and has crushed the center of his power. 'Hand’ 3027 The seven Spirits aren't chained somewhere conditioned merely to observe and report.

Zech 4:14 "Then said he, These (the two olive trees) are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth." Christ, Christos means "the anointed one". These two olive trees are also represented as the cherubs that cover the throne of God. One is and has always been Christ Messiah. The other was once Lucifer.

Rev 5:7 "And he came, and he taketh [it] out of the right hand of him that sat on the throne."

The Lamb who is Christ took the book from the hand of God.

Rev 5:8 "And when he had taken the book, the four living creatures and the four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having each one a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

When Christ receives the book to open it all of God's children know that the time of redemption is at hand and they worship the holy one with songs of praise and the sweet savor of the prayers of the faithful. This is the day all have been waiting for.

Rev 5:9 "And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy art thou to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and didst purchase unto God with thy blood [men] of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,"

That new song is the song of Moses in Deut 32. When Christ was crucified he took the sins off all that ever were, was or will be. He redeemed mankind and he alone is worthy to open the book. He is worthy of our praise.

Rev 5:10 "and madest them [to be] unto our God a kingdom and priests; and they reign upon earth."

Christ promised that the faithful would reign with him in the millennium. When he is coronated, so are the faithful.

Rev 5:11 "And I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels round about the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;"

Not only 144,000. This number is innumerable. You can't count it.

Rev 5:12 "saying with a great voice, Worthy is the Lamb that hath been slain to receive the power, and riches, and wisdom, and might and honor, and glory, and blessing."

Here the Seven Spirits of God are described by their attributes: Power, Riches, Wisdom, Strength, Honor, Glory and Blessing.

Rev 5:13 "And every created thing which is in the heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and all things are in them, heard I saying, Unto him that sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb, [be] the blessing, and the honor, and the glory, and the dominion, for ever and ever."

God and Christ will receive what is theirs and there won't be a thing alive anywhere that would deny them.

Rev 5:14 "And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the elders fell down and worshipped."

These are the twelve patriarchs and the twelve apostles and all of God's children worshipping Christ the Lord and God the Father who deserve it.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:57 am