Authority Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Authority Network

Network for the Authority leagues in League of Heroes.

Latest topics

» Revelation Chapter Five
Revelation Chapter three EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 am by Parable

» Revelation Chapter Four
Revelation Chapter three EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am by Parable

» Revelation Chapter 2
Revelation Chapter three EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm by Parable

» Revelation Chapter three
Revelation Chapter three EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am by Parable

» Question about suffering
Revelation Chapter three EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:59 pm by The Cure

» I love how we can talk about religion... but
Revelation Chapter three EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 am by The Cure

» God's Blessings and Human Sexuality
Revelation Chapter three EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:20 am by The Cure

» Revelation Chapter One
Revelation Chapter three EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:49 am by Parable

Google language widget

Revelation Chapter three

Parable
    Journalist

Power:
    Health:
    Revelation Chapter three Left_bar_bleue100/100Revelation Chapter three Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Revelation Chapter three Empty Revelation Chapter three

Post  Parable Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am

3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."

Sardis means "red ones", was the capital city of ancient Lydia and was one of the richest cities in the world. It was in an almost impenetrable valley with sheer mountains surrounding that rose to near 1500 feet high. Today, a few small huts is all that remains of what was once a powerful city associated with Alexander the Great. The seven spirits are separate from the seven stars, which are the angels who bring the message of the Holy Spirit to the churches. In Sardis they worshipped Sybil and their church was a place of great commerce for the city was very wealthy. Her chapel is still there and she was called the "mother of the god's". Though they had been living flesh creatures they did not worship Christ and were dead in their transgressions. Though the conversion of Sardis seems nominal it still made a profound and lasting impression.

3:2 "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God."

Stay alert and be on your guard against evil teachings. Sardis had stopped seeking, stopped watching, and stopped caring about the dangers from her enemies. They thought they didn't need to follow the laws of God anymore because they had already been saved. Beware of any who would tell you not be concerned with this prophecy or the fulfillment of God's promises. Stay true to the Word of God, the same Word since the beginning and be ready to give your life for Him. He urges them to strengthen the truths they have left before they leave truth behind and he leave them behind. None are perfect and can decide their own salvation, least of all Sardis.

3:3 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."

Never forget the laws of our Lord. Hold to them close always and ask forgiveness as soon as you sin. If you do not study the Word and watch for the signs, then Christ will return and catch you unprepared to meet him in that hour. (The hour of temptation. A five-month period broken into two parts in chapter 17.)

3:4 "Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy."

Even in Sardis there were faithful of God. There were only a few there but God kept everyone. They did not soil their heavenly raiment, which are the good works wrought through us, by the works of the flesh and the ways of their company. They are made worthy of heaven by the blood of the Lamb in keeping his ways.

3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels"

Those that overcome the world and the devil will be given those same white robes while the wicked remain naked. To be written in the book of Life is to secure your reservation in the heavenly kingdom. Christ himself will profess our new name that he gave us individually to the Father as innocent and made worthy by his blood and righteousness. He is our advocate. To be removed from the book of life you are removed from all eternity. Removed all the way from the very beginning so that there is no more thought of you ever.

3:6 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

The Holy Spirit. Always listen to the Holy Spirit. Never accept anything less when it comes to the Word of God.

3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;"

Philadelphia means "brotherly love": 5359 and was founded by prince Attalus of Pergamos as a tribute to his brother King Eumenes in 189-138 B.C. Christ is Holy, Christ is true, Christ has the "key of David". That key is an understanding albeit not a philosophic or existential one. It is genealogical in so much that you understand the bloodlines and how satan has polluted them. Christ is incomparable for he is the only begotten of the Father and his authority is absolute. Once the truth has been revealed to you by Christ, no one can ever take that precious gift away. He opens the door and no one can shut it.

3:8 "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."

Christ is always concerned with works. Who ever are faithful in little Christ will make them faithful over much. Luke 16:10 "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." Luke 19:17 "And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities." Christ is a rewarder of the righteous. They did not deny his Holy name and give in to the brow beating the world continuously delivers. The remained faithful so Christ is with them. Christ is the door, John 10:7 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep." and he opened himself to Philadelphia with the opportunity for eternal life in his kingdom, John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

Here again because Philadelphia knew who the Kenites were, as should we, that they would be given rule over them. Christ will grant his authority to the faithful to exercise his will. Christ came through David. The liars are those tares of Matt 13:35 "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world." Mat13: 36 "Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field." Matt 13:37 "He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;" Matt 13:38 "The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; Matt 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels." John 8:39 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham." John 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." Even a Kenite can become a child of God. Luke 21:15 "For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist."

3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

Because they stayed in harmony with Christ He will protect them in the hour of temptation. This is the hour when the devil as antichrist comes to tempt the entire world to follow him for a handful of empty promises. The hour of temptation is a five-month period broken into two parts in chapter 17. Everyone of this generation must be tried. Every one of them is on the earth and no one has been raptured from this tribulation.

3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Mark 13:34 "For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch." Mark 13:35 "Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:" Mark 13:36 "Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping." Mark 13:37 "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." He comes in an instant. If we don't waiver in our resolve even unto death Christ will reward us according to his mercy the crown of life.

3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Isa 62:4 "Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah ("my delight is in her" 2657), and thy land Beulah (to marry, 1166): for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married." Those that overcome will hold the Church high in their hearts and words for they will be apart of it in the Lord's day. They will be pillars of a heavenly community. When he comes, bringing the city of God with him, he will make all things new.

3:13 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

It doesn't say, "Listen if you want but it's not necessary". Listen to the Holy Spirit. Never forget His Word.

3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"

Laodicea means "justice of the people." It was a banking center and quite proud of it wealth. They made fine black wool and had a medical center that made a medicinal eye salve. These are names of Christ and it is Christ speaking again.

3:15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."

Christ is always concerned with your works. The Laodicians were wishy-washy. They did not commit to God nor to the world. They preferred to just stay out of the whole ordeal and just live their lives. The Lord would have you rather choose to be against him than you be for nothing. A person that stands for nothing is fit for nothing.

3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

A common reaction of the stomach from tepid water is regurgitation. People like these disgust Christ and because they won't choose a side Christ will make the choice for them. He will have no place for people like these in the kingdom.

3:17 "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:"

Though they had all their physical needs met yet they were spiritually starving. Though they made the finest woolen clothing they were naked. Though they had salve to heal the eyes they were blind. You can get along in this world by tolerating seditions to the faith of God but you will go nowhere. The world hated Christ they still do today. A friend of everyone is an ally to no one. They thought they had it all but they truly had nothing. Their wealth and possessions will be useless when they die. Better to build your storehouses in heaven than on earth. Matt 6:19 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:” Matt 6:20 "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:"

3:18 "I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

God is a consuming fire. All uncleanliness is destroyed in the fire leaving only the pure material. It is in trials that our minds and spirits are sharpened. A person is better equipped to handle tough situations if they had experienced them before. God encourages them to endure the trials of the world when they stand for him that their character might be refined. He asks them to take up good works in dealing righteously with his people that they might have clothing in the hereafter for our righteous works are our raiment in heaven. He urges them to open their eyes and see the truth of his word that there is life in it's blessings. Christ loves all his children and will never give up on any of them no matter how far they stray. Until the day of his return, he won't stop pleading for his children. 1John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

Christ isn't a wicked stepfather who doles out punishment arbitrarily. He only reproves that he loves like you would your child when they do something you know is wrong. When you wrong someone knowingly or otherwise you have a compulsion to ask his or her forgiveness. Man may not forgive you but your Father always will. 2Pet 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

This is Spiritual food and is the answer to the ages. He's not a beggar. Invite him over and he will knock on the table of your heart. Open the door the door of your mind and let the truth of Christ sustain you.

3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

This is why the Kenites will be bowing at your feet back in verse 3:9. They are not bowing to you but to Christ who sits on the throne behind you as he sits before God the Father. All that is God's has been given to Christ as a father gives his estate to his son. All that is Christ's will be given to the faithful likewise.

3:22 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Always listen to the Holy Spirit. Christ wanted you to know about these Churches because of how important it is to your very soul. He doesn't set before us lofty and exclusive ideologies that are hard to understand. He gives you simple references that you can teach your children. He isn't the author of confusion but of enlightenment. The same message was taught in both Smyrna and Philadelphia. They preached a true gospel while keeping guard against the synagogue of satan. It is by measuring our congregations against the seven represented here that we will know where we should worship. Make sure that your in a Philadelphia or Smyrna and not apart of something that the Lord may have some things against.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 am